We have been notified that fraudulent job offers or communications soliciting payments are being sent via email by persons claiming to be from Newfield Exploration. These emails are a hoax. They do not originate from Newfield Exploration. Newfield Exploration does not request payments of any kind from applicants.
Although Newfield Exploration has contacted law enforcement agencies regarding these activities, it is often difficult to locate and prosecute the perpetrators. Anyone receiving one of these offers is encouraged to report the matter to the appropriate law enforcement agency.
We regret any inconvenience caused by these individuals.
Signs that a message may be fraudulent:
- Newfield Exploration emails always end in "@newfield.com." Any email styled with "Newfield" using a different format is not genuine.
- Newfield Exploration website pages always include http://www.newfield.com. Any other format is not genuine.
- Prior to employment offers, prospective employees are ALWAYS invited to an interview with Newfield Exploration personnel.
- The location of the interview is ALWAYS provided to candidates either by phone, or email from a Newfield Exploration email account ending in "@newfield.com."
- Newfield Exploration will NEVER request money transfers or payments of any kind as part of the recruitment process, for immigration documents, insurance, or any other purpose.