Process & Procedure
- We prefer to fund organizations in which Newfield employees are active.
- Programs should fulfill important community services.
- Programs should benefit a geographical area where Newfield conducts business and should benefit members of those communities.
- All organizations must submit applications for funding each year.
Our annual "steps toward funding" are detailed below:
- In July, NFX employees are asked which charities they would like the Foundation to consider funding.
- In August, a response is provided to charities which inquired about a donation from Newfield throughout the year. The following must be returned:
- An organizational budget for the current year and proposed budget for the next year.
- Evidence of 501(c)3 status.
- Current list of board members.
- Completed application postmarked by September 15. Applications after this date will not be eligible. Annual submission of an application is required.
- In October, the Foundation Advisory Committee reviews applications.
- In November, recommendations and donation levels are summarized and submitted to Foundation Directors for review and approval.
- In January of the following year, all approved organizations are contacted regarding the status of their application.
- Founding Principles, Vision, Mission and Core Values
- Sustainability &