Newfield’s near-term 2016 business strategy reflects the continuation of low commodity prices in our three-year plan and our focus on maintaining liquidity and a strong capital structure. The Company’s near-term strategy differs from our long-term business strategy. Our primary, long-term goal continues to be delivering stockholder value through consistent growth of cash flow, production and reserves.
Key components of Newfield’s business strategy include:
- Preserving a strong and flexible capital structure
- Focusing on organic opportunities through disciplined capital investments
- Continuously improving operations and returns
- Maintaining a diverse asset base with ongoing portfolio management
- Executing select, strategic acquisitions and divestitures
- Attracting and retaining quality employees who are aligned with stockholders' interests